Friday, 31 October 2014

Friday Favourites - The Coat Edit

This week, my Friday faves post is centred around my undying love of coats which has been resurrected in the last few cold, rainy weeks. Coats are an expensive favourite item of clothing to have that's for sure, but I just can't seem to help myself. I love a bright colour / pattern but obviously you don't get as much wear out of these ones as a good old neutral. Below you'll find a couple of new additions, some old favourites and of course some ones on the wish list!

In preparation for Winter, I've added two new coats to the family this week. I've been trying to hold off for so long because I always end up buying one then seeing others I prefer later on but I just simply could resist no longer. Here they are in all their glory:


You'll be able to see the grey one in action in my last outfit post here but since the camel one was only purchased yesterday an instagram image will have to do.  I've been looking for a camel coat for aaages. I have one from H&M a couple years ago which is nice but just doesn't quite fulfil my camel needs but the Topshop one is another story. 


I've actually also become really excited to dust off some of my older coats from last year. Despite the weather here being pretty miserable most of the time it's actually been relatively mild recently so the temperature is only just beginning to approach coat level. Here are some of my faves that I'm sure you'll be seeing on the blog again in coming weeks, can you tell I like a tartan coat?
Topshop Tartan // Topshop Orange // ASOS Pink // Zara Tartan
The pink one is the one I've missed the most. Obviously because of the colour it isn't quite the most versatile one so I was kicking myself when last winter came to an end and I'd only worn it a handful of times so this year you can expect to see a lot more of it!

Last, but most certainly not least, what kind of coat lover would I be if I didn't' have my eye on some new ones?! The cape is obviously the new coat of the moment and I do adore them whenever I see a babe such as Olivia Palermo working one but I'm just not sure I'd be able to pull it off so I like how the ASOS coat kind of has that cape effect while still having the comfortable security of some sleeves.

While we're on the topic of coats, I'm in the midst of a huge clear out and am actually selling some of my old coats on Depop - download the app and search username 'jansell'!

Jen 


3 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on every single one of these coats! Especially love the cape and waterfall coat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks...I love your choices. I've been shopping coats obsessively too. So this post was super interesting for me. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lovely, have been drooling over all the amazing coats on your blog :) need a camel one so bad
    have just reunited with my pink coat from last year too, hope you can drop by my blog and check it out :)
    sheheartsfashion.com

    ReplyDelete