Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Kimono Picks

Pink Floral Kimono - Topshop; Rose Bikini - ASOS
White kimono - Topshop; White Swimsuit - French Connection 
Orange Embroidered Kimono - Topshop; Colour Block Bikini - ASHISH x Topshop 
Peacock Print Kimono - ASOS; Pineapple Print Bikini - Topshop 
White Fringe Kimono - Topshop; Fringe Bikini - Mara Hoffman
Floral Fringe Kimono - Zara; Monochrome Bikini - Scandale Eclipse

I've never been wildly keen on the kimono. I've seen plenty of people style them to perfection as the ideal festival outfit addition but I've just never warmed to them. Probably because it's never warm enough here to wear just a kimono - heavy duty knitwear is normally required.
However, this season, a whole new concept has presented itself to me. Kimonos as a poolside cover up. Maybe I'm just horrendously late to the party on this one but this combination is forming the basis of my growing summer holiday wardrobe! With the huge variety of kimonos and swimwear in every shop just now there are endless options of ways to work this trend.
I've paired together some kimono-swimwear combos that I especially like. I have the pink floral kimono and rose bikini at the top right and can't wait to wear it on holiday, and I've had my eye on the Topshop X ASHISH bikini since it landed on the website so I have a feeling that may be the next addition to the collection. I also love the print overload of the ASOS peacock print kimono paired with the pineapple print Topshop bikini if you're looking to go all out; or go for elegance in head-to-toe white.
Something for everyone really!!

Jen xx

3 comments:

  1. Love this selection!! x

    www.fashionpolaroids.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the white topshop one is fab! - hayley x

    www.fashionwilleatitself.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the right idea - they are perfect for the beach/pool!

    www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete