Sunday, 29 December 2013

NYE - Best of the Onesies

With Christmas out of the way we all now have New Year's Eve to look forward to. I hope you all have exciting plans but the most important thing is the outfit choice! I made a wee collage of me at the last 5 NYEs and as you can see I've changed quite a bit. I think a NYE outfit needs to be a little special and different to any night out. As you can see from 2 of these outfits, I'm partial to a NYE jumpsuit. I especially like the blue and black ASOS jumpsuit I wore two years ago and am having eBay seller's regret while I type this. Quite often I feel a jumpsuit is a bit too fancy for a night out but on New Year anything goes. So for that reason, I decided to focus on one pieces for this post! Get your orders in with Next Day Delivery if you haven't already got your outfit sorted!
2008-Urban Outfitters Dress
2009 - River Island Dress
2010 - Topshop Jumpsuit
2011 - ASOS Jumpsuit
2012 - Topshop Dress

First stop, ASOS. You can always count on ASOS for a good selection of jumpsuits and playsuits. They really do have something for everyone. Here's a wee selection of my favourites. I wore the silky one in teal for my birthday night out back in August (you can see it here) and you'll see one of these in my crimbo pressies post (here). The blue check playsuit has been in my 'saved items' for months but I'm holding out in the hope of further reductions!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

You'll notice a lot of black and white in this post, which I think is a winning festive combo but there are some options if you want to inject a bit of colour into your NYE look. The second option below is actually what I'm planning on wearing, it arrived the other day and is STUNNING in person! I also adore the contrasting bow on the third look.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Next we're going to Topshop, and adding a bit more colour! The first one is something a little different but I love it. It all depends on what kind of thing you're doing to be honest! I have the second playsuit and it is such lush, soft material and has a gorgeous scoop back. The nude and black one is on my wishlist and is stunning!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

I also had a wee look on Miss Selfridge. This isn't somewhere I often look but was actually thoroughly impressed with their partywear selection! I think I'll make it a New Year's Resolution to shop there more often (big, hard-hitting resolutions I have eh?). I particularly love the middle two embellished playsuits. 
1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Finally, Zara. If you saw my Boxing Day Sale Haul post, you'll know I hit the Zara sale hard and am still eagerly awaiting the arrival of my purchases. All three of these items are in the sale and I absolutely love the vintage look of the first one below. The white playsuit is one of my purchases from the sale and it looks stunning. You'll see I've made an exception and included a dress in the post...but it's just so gorge how could I not?!
1 / 2 / 3

Happy shopping everyone and I hope you all have a great night when it comes!!


Jen xx










1 comment:

  1. Eeee! So many beauutiful jumpsuits! I want them all!
    You are such a stunner, girl!!:)

    Becca. xxx
    www.astorywithoutsoundtracks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete